The Singapore management university has some scholarships which are reserved for her esteemed students . The following scholarships are opened to qualified full-time students . The scholarships are only tenable at SMU and are typically merit based and some last up to the full duration of the undergraduate study program-our years, depending on the student academic performance.
SMU Financial Aid
The university provides financial assistance to some students who can’t afford to pay tuition . It is for this reason that so many scholarships were out in place.
Below are some of the Scholarships that students can apply to at SMU;
Dato Kho Meng Scholarship
This scholarship came into being in 2009 and is opened to all full time first year students at the Singapore management university. The aim of this scholarship is to support and nurture the undergraduates into creative, reflective global citizens and future leaders who are determined to make their mark in business and public service.
- Full time undergraduate students.
- Students from any country can apply but priority will be given to Singaporeans, Malaysians and Singapore permanent residents.
- Must have excellent academic results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- Must be actively involved in sports and community service.
- Up to $87,4000 is made available to cover for tuition fees,, study related expenses and provision of the university approved oversea students travels.
How To Apply
To be considered for this scholarship you have to indicate so on the scholarship section of the application form for first year students.
About The Donor
Dato’ Kho Meng scholarship is established by the president and CEO of Vitol Asia Pte ltd. he is a member of the board of trustees of SMU. He is a passionate supporter of SMU and encourages the students to love life, do good and be the best.
De Suantio Scholarship
This scholarship is made possible by the proceeds of an endowed sum by the the kindhearted Dr Della Suantio Lee. The scholarship is available to all full time undergraduates who are pursuing degree programs at SMU with the aim of motivating students to greater heights of excellence. This is one of the great scholarships at SMU.
- full time first year Singaporeans, Singapore permanent residents, Indonesians undergraduates who are enrolled in any degree program at SMU.
- Good academic grades are important.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and character.
- Students should have been involved in community service actively .
- Special consideration will be given to the candidates who demonstrate financial need.
Benefits of The Scholarship
The scholarship has a duration for one year but can be extended subject to good academic performance during the year of the scholarship and the maintenance of the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions of the award.
- The scholarship is valued at $10,000.
- The scholarship offers financial assistance to cover the annual tuition fees and other study related expenses.
- At the expiration of the scholarship period, the recipients may apply for the scholarship in the second year.
- Recipients may be granted internship or career opportunities with donor or designated companies.
How To Apply
Application for the scholarship is done https://admissions.smu.edu.sg/admissions/applicants-self-service-portal
About The Donor
Dr Della Suanitio Lee is the grand daughter of the the late Thio Siong Soe a well known and respected Indonesian philanthropist and business associate of of late Lee Kong Chian. She is the wife of Dr Lee Seng Gee who is the eldest son of the late Lee Kong Chian and one of the supporters of SMU scholarships.
Lee Kong Chian Scholars Program
This scholarship is made possible by the generosity of the Lee Chian foundation. The Lee Kong scholars program is one of the most prestigious SMU scholarships. It provides a great opportunity for high caliber students for a holistic development involving , academic, entrepreneurial development
- Full-time first year students of SMU.
- Scholars in double degree programs should have a business program as one of them.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities
- A good record of co curricula activities.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- Tuition fee waiver.
- $16,000 Global Opportunities grant to fund part of pr a combination of the following;
. Overseas students exchange/summer program
. Oversea trip to be organised by the centre for scholars development.
. Oversea community service
. Oversea case competition and presentation conference.
. S%5,000 annual living allowance .
. S$1,800 one time computer allowance.
SMU scholarships are very attractive and organised in such a way as to encourage academic development and the entrepreneurial spirit. The programs are mostly sponsored by philanthropists.